Recipes of lightly salted and sauerkraut instant in 1 day and 2 hours
Lightly salted instant cabbage is ideal for any table. A crispy juicy snack wonderfully complements all kinds of dishes and provides vitamins for the winter.
Didn't have time to make preparations in advance? We've prepared three simple recipes to help you save time. With just a little effort, you'll have a delicious meal in no time.
The content of the article
Recipe for instant salted cabbage in 1 day with carrots
This recipe is suitable for those who have a day in stock. Salted cabbage should absorb spices and vinegar.
You will need the following Ingredients:
- white cabbage ー 2 kg;
- fresh carrots ー 1-2 pcs.;
- water ー 1 l;
- vinegar 9% ー 125 ml;
- sugar ー 180 g;
- salt ー 2 tbsp. l. with a slide;
- vegetable oil ー 100 ml;
- spices (cumin, dill, pepper, bay leaf) ー to taste.
Preparation, shredding and cooking of the marinade will take about 60 minutes, then leave the dish for 1 day.
- We choose large, white and juicy cabbage. Wash the head thoroughly and remove the top leaves.
Cut out the stump and finely chop the leaves.
- Grind the carrots on a coarse grater. The longer the straw is, the better.
- Mix cabbage with carrots, squeeze out the juice slightly.
- Add caraway seeds and dill seeds successively, stirring thoroughly several times. The spices should be evenly distributed.
- We take a 3 liter jar. We stack the resulting mixture very tightly, sandwiching with bay leaves and pepper.
- Now let's prepare the marinade. Pour vinegar, sugar and salt into boiling water (1 l). They should completely dissolve, so we constantly stir the marinade. Add vegetable oil and mix again.
- While the marinade has not cooled down, pour it into the jar. In the process, we make holes with a knife so that the liquid soaks the vegetables completely.
- Cover the dish with a napkin or towel and leave it in a warm place for a day. You can leave the dish for up to three days, then it will turn out to be the most juicy.
Serve with dill and lightly salted cucumbers.
Reference. Cabbage with finely chopped garlic will turn out to be more piquant, but the vinegar will turn it blue.
How to make lightly salted cabbage with carrots in 2 hours
Very fast and simple recipe... Only 2-3 hours, and the cabbage is on the table. But it is better to cook in the evening to let it brew at night.
- white cabbage ー 2 kg;
- carrots ー 2 pcs. (large);
- garlic ー 3-4 cloves;
- water ー 0.5 l;
- sunflower oil ー 120 ml;
- vinegar 9% ー 120 ml;
- salt ー 2 tbsp. l .;
- sugar ー 4 tbsp. l .;
- bay leaf ー 3-4 leaves;
- allspice ー 5-6 pcs.
Cooking will take 1 hour, and cabbage will be infused for only 3 hours in the refrigerator:
- We shred the selected head of cabbage manually or using a combine. The straws should not turn out very large, but also not turn into gruel.
- Grind the carrots on a coarse grater into strips.
- Do not crush the garlic, but cut into strips, slices or small cubes.
- Mix the cabbage, carrots and garlic thoroughly in a bowl.
- Then we put and carefully tamp the mixture into jars.
- Cooking the marinade. Pour the specified amount of water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add salt, sugar, vinegar, oil, bay leaf and pepper. Bring to a boil again and wait 3 minutes before turning off.
- While the marinade is hot, pour it into the jars. We are waiting for him to thoroughly soak the vegetables, reaching the very bottom.
- We close the jars with lids, wait until they cool down, and put them in the refrigerator.
- After 3 hours, lightly salted cabbage with carrots can be served.
How to quickly cook sauerkraut
This recipe sauerkraut the quickest and most useful of the three because it has no vinegar. Such a dish is stored less, so it is better not to cook it with a large margin.
Helpful! Take small jars (0.5-1 l), then the marinade will saturate the mixture better.
- cabbage ー 1 large head of cabbage;
- water ー 1 l;
- sugar ー 1-2 tbsp. l .;
- salt ー 1-2 tbsp. l .;
- pepper, dill, bay leaf - to taste.
- Wash cans, scald with boiling water or slightly warmed up in the microwave.
- Shred the head of cabbage, removing the stump.
- For marinade boil water in a saucepan, add all the spices, salt, sugar, we wait for it to boil again, and immediately turn it off.
- We fill the cooked jars with cabbage, leaving room for the brine (about 4-5 cm).
- Pour in the marinade until it cools down. Put a bay leaf and a couple of peppercorns on top.
- We wait for 7-8 hours and pierce the cabbage with a thin knife or wooden stick.
- Foam will begin to collect on top, remove it completely and leave the cabbage in the refrigerator for a day.
- Season the finished cabbage with grated carrots, onions, sunflower oil. It will turn out to be very tender, but it will keep fresh and crispy.
All three recipes allow you to preserve vitamins and nutrients in cabbage. Choose the one you like and surprise your homemade crispy lightly salted cabbage with carrots and spices. Experiment with the amount and variety of spices. Not everyone likes caraway and bay leaf in a recipe, you can replace them with your favorite seasonings.