How to properly use milk, iodine and water for processing tomatoes and how it is useful
Modern summer residents are interested in the ecological purity of the crops grown, therefore they are trying to use folk remedies to protect plants. These include the milk-iodine solution. Due to its composition, this product is able to prevent most tomato diseases.
In this article, you will learn how to prepare a mixture of milk, iodine and water for tomatoes and why it is good for plants.
The content of the article
- Why process tomatoes with a mixture of milk, iodine and water
- How to properly prepare a solution
- How to process tomatoes correctly
- The nuances of using the solution in the greenhouse
- The use of milk with iodine and water for prevention
Why process tomatoes with a mixture of milk, iodine and water
Tomatoes are a demanding crop to care for throughout the growth. An effective, and most importantly not harmful, method is considered to be the processing of tomatoes with a mixture of milk with iodine.
Benefits of treating tomatoes with a mixture of iodine, milk and water:
- it is harmless to humans;
- has a positive effect on the growth and development of plants;
- has an environmentally friendly composition;
- consists of available components;
- accelerates the ripening of the crop.
Processing tomatoes with a solution of milk, iodine and water is folk way disease and pest control.
What is the mixture of milk and iodine used against?:
- infections - fungal, viral, bacterial;
- non-communicable diseases associated with improper care and fit;
Most common tomato disease – late blight... The pathogenic fungus slows down the growth of plants and affects the crop. From late blight, they use the method of disinfecting plants and the surrounding area. It is a mixture of milk and iodine that will perfectly cope with this task.
Important! If a disease is detected, treatment is carried out every day.
The positive effect is associated with the increased acidity of the solution... The causative fungus does not survive in such an environment and dies.
Milk solution and iodine repels ground insect pests: aphids, whitefly, tick, weevil. Due to its structure, the solution containing milk envelops the plant, creates a protective film and prevents insects from damaging the crop.
The principle of operation and the benefits of components
The prepared mixture is an alternative to chemicals... Each component individually is beneficial to the culture.
Effect of milk on tomatoes:
- due to the content of amino acids, it improves plant growth;
- macro- and microelements are necessary for development;
- lactose inhibits the growth and development of fungal microorganisms and improves metabolic processes.
The maximum effect is obtained from the use of fresh milk. Store-bought milk with a long shelf life will not have the desired effect.
The use of iodine start from the earliest phases of development.
The benefits of iodine for tomatoes:
- stimulates the growth and development of plants;
- has disinfectant properties;
- increases productivity;
- improves the vitality of seedlings;
- increases resistance to diseases and pests.
Coma addition the use of iodine improves the nutrient composition of the soil.
How to properly prepare a solution
Preparation of the solution is the most important stage of the procedure. An excess of iodine negatively affects the development of culture: leaves get burned, and stems and fruits begin to deform.
In the summer tomatoes are sprayed regularly, every two weeks.
How much money is required:
- for preventive purposes, 0.5 l of the drug per bush is enough;
- when treating plants for diseases - 1 liter of solution per plant.
The introduction of the drug is carried out at the root and using a spray bottle.
Variations in the preparation of the product with milk and iodine are varied. The prepared solution is used immediately, it cannot be stored.
Important! To prepare the drug, use warm water.
- Take 4 liters of water, 1.5 liters of milk, 18 drops of iodine. Mix everything thoroughly. This mixture strengthens plant immunity and increases disease resistance.
- Prepare the solution at the rate of 2 liters of milk and 20 drops of iodine tincture per 10 liters of water. Due to the high concentration of iodine, the composition has high disinfecting properties. One plant needs 500 ml of the mixture.
- Take 4 liters of water. Add 1 liter of milk and 15 drops of iodine to a bucket of water. The composition is used in the initial period of the disease.
- For prevention, prepare a solution at the rate of 1 glass of milk and 5 drops of iodine tincture per 1 liter of water. Process the ground part of the bush.
Milk can be replaced any fermented milk product.
How to process tomatoes correctly
Milk-iodine solution is suitable for root and foliar feeding... It is recommended to alternate treatment methods in order to achieve the best result.
Important! The preparation containing iodine is applied after watering.
Tomato processing rules:
- feeding with milk with iodine is done every two weeks;
- favorable temperature for processing + 16 ... + 18 ° С;
- the drug is applied in the morning, in the evening or in cloudy weather - the main thing is that direct sunlight does not fall on the treated area;
- spray the solution with a spray bottle - the smaller the drops, the better.
Milk iodine fertilizer is especially useful in Julywhen plants require amino acids to grow. Processing is carried out in dry, calm weather.
How often and in what volume to process, spraying timing
Tomatoes start to process from the earliest stages of development... During this period, plants assimilate useful elements as much as possible.
Terms of drug introduction:
- First processing. After 10-14 days, the seedling planting field. The drug is applied at the root. Add 1 drop of iodine to 3 liters of water.
- Subsequent treatments are carried out every 14 days. The solution is prepared as follows: 10 liters of water, 1 liter of milk, 15 drops of iodine are thoroughly stirred.
The nuances of using the solution in the greenhouse
The disadvantage of growing tomatoes indoors is high temperatures in summer... The walls of the greenhouse are heated by the sun's rays, the temperature rises to + 30 ° C and above. This has a detrimental effect on tomatoes, they become less resistant to infections.
In this heat, most often plants are susceptible to brown spot.
To restore the bushes, they are treated with a milk-iodine solution.... To do this, take ½ liter of milk and 10 drops of iodine. The resulting mixture is stirred. The volume of the solution is designed for 1 bush. The drug is applied at the root. After a few days, the treatment is repeated, then again - until the symptoms are completely eliminated.
When applying the solution in a greenhouse, it is important:
- use warm water;
- a couple of hours after treatment, ventilate the greenhouse to reduce humidity.
Due to the high humidity in the greenhouse, a favorable environment develops for late blight... For prophylaxis, bubbles with iodine are placed around the perimeter. Vapors of the drug kill harmful microorganisms and have a positive effect on the plant. However, a person should not be in such a room for more than one hour.
The best time for processing - in the morning or evening.
The nuances of using the drug in the open field:
- do not spray plants in direct sunlight;
- use the drug at a temperature not higher than + 18 ° C;
- processing is carried out in calm weather;
- to stimulate tomato flowering, 10 g of superphosphate and 15 g of potassium salt are added to the milk-iodine solution. Consumption per bush - ½ l.
The use of milk with iodine and water for prevention
It is always easier to prevent a disease than to fight it. There are several effective methods using milk-iodine solution.
Thanks to iodine, it has disinfecting properties, prevents the growth of pathogens. And the lactic acid bacteria included in milk create an unfavorable environment for the development of fungi.
- Treat the seeds before sowing. 1 drop of iodine and 0.5 l of milk are dissolved in 1 liter of water. The seeds are soaked for 6-8 hours. Without washing, they are dried and sown in prepared soil.
- Spill the soil before planting seedlings. 1 liter of milk and 5 drops of iodine are added to 10 liters of water.
- As a prophylaxis of fungal diseases, even at the time of seedling formation, the following mixture is poured into the container. For 5 liters of water add 1 liter of kefir and 2 drops of iodine. The resulting solution is watered over the plants.
The use of folk remedies always causes controversial comments. But the opinions of experienced summer residents about the milk-iodine solution agree.
Anna, Nizhnekamsk: “I start using milk supplementation with iodine 10 days after planting the seedlings. I try to use the drug when the soil dries up a little - such prevention of late blight has never failed ".
Dmitry, Novgorod: “I liked the result after using the drug. I noticed that one treatment is enough. I used the solution to prevent fungal and bacterial diseases, and it worked. ".
Svetlana, Volgograd: “I tried this remedy for the first time many years ago and settled on it. I noticed that the main thing is not to overdo it with iodine. Treatments not only protect tomatoes from disease, but also increase yields. It is important that it is not harmful to humans and nature ".
A solution of milk, iodine and water has extremely beneficial properties. Among its main advantages is environmental friendliness. Apply the solution regularly throughout the entire cultivation period. The mixture acts not only prophylactically, but also affects the planting as a fertilizer, enriching it with useful elements.
The main thing in application is to observe proportions, and then you will get a healthy and high-quality crop of tomatoes.