Why you shouldn't eat melon with milk and other foods
Melon is a delicacy that adults and children love. In addition to excellent taste, it has a lot of useful properties. Melon is rich in vitamins and minerals that have a positive effect on the body. But she has one drawback: when combined with some products, the fruit is harmful.
From the article you will learn what melon is combined with, how to eat it correctly and how it affects health.
The content of the article
Melon composition and calorie content
Melon is 90% water. 100 g of fruit contains 7.5 g of easily digestible carbohydrates, 1 g of proteins and fats and 33 kcal, therefore, it is included in the diet.
Melon contains mass vitamins and minerals:
- Calcium - strengthens bones, teeth and nails.
- Fiber - improves digestion.
- Vitamin E - supplies cells with oxygen, protects the nervous system and improves immunity.
- Vitamin B group - improves metabolism, normalizes the gastrointestinal tract, controls blood sugar and increases stress resistance.
- Iodine - strengthens memory and stimulates brain activity.
- Retinol - has a positive effect on vision.
- Nicotinic acid - normalizes blood circulation in the brain, prevents blood clots, lowers blood cholesterol levels.
- Phosphorus - plays an important role in bone formation and brain function.
- Zinc (in the seeds of the fruit) - improves potency, absorption of vitamin E, removes alcohol from the blood.
- Magnesium - has anti-inflammatory properties. Improves immunity, increases resistance to stress, strengthens the heart and stimulates the intestines.
- Potassium - normalizes the work of the heart muscle, removes excess salt from the body, increases efficiency.
- Pectin - improves digestion, eliminates the fermentation process and heaviness in the stomach.
- Vitamin C - strengthens the immune system.
- Iron - stimulates the synthesis of hemoglobin and increases the production of red blood cells.
- Glucose - cheers up and invigorates.
What can you eat
Melon is eaten fresh. It goes well with other fruits. Delicious smoothies, jam and candied fruits are made from it.
All parts of the fruit are suitable for eating, except for the peel.... Each of them provides the body with nutrients.
Most of the nutrients are found in the pulp... It is rich in vitamins and organic acids. The pulp contains fiber, which saturates the body with minerals and improves digestion. It has a positive effect on the entire body.
Interesting on the site:
Fresh melon juice contains various vitamins and minerals. IN it contains a large amount of water, dietary fiber, pectins and other useful substances.
The juice has a positive effect on the body:
- replenishes fluid supply;
- normalizes water-salt metabolism;
- improves metabolism;
- removes slags;
- strengthens bone tissue;
- stimulates brain activity;
- strengthens the heart;
- has a calming effect.
Doctors recommend eating melon when vitamin deficiency, radiculitis, allergies and chronic liver diseases. Juice from ripe melon has beneficial properties. It is not recommended to make it from unripe fruits.
Melon seeds — useful element, but in some cases hazardous to health.
The benefits of seeds:
- remove uric acid, preventing the formation of kidney stones;
- increase potency and improve sperm composition;
- enhance the beneficial effect of medications in the treatment of liver diseases, kidney stones, etc.;
- improve immunity;
- promote the elimination of sputum, prevent the development of bronchial asthma;
- remove bile and relieve cholecystitis;
- increase concentration of attention;
- cleanse the liver and support the work of the pancreas;
- reduce the symptoms of diabetes.
The seeds should not be eaten when:
- severe toxicosis in pregnant women;
- spleen pathologies;
- increased secretion of gastric juice.
The peel should not be eaten. But it is used for medicinal purposes, as it contains chlorophyll.
It has a beneficial effect in such cases:
- bleeding from the nose - juice is made from the peel, 2-3 drops are instilled into each nostril;
- bronchitis and tonsillitis - crushed crusts are wrapped in gauze, compresses are made on the throat and chest;
- burns and hematomas - a fresh crust is applied to the damaged area.
Product compatibility at a glance
Some foods can be eaten together, while others are strictly prohibited.... Using the ingredient compatibility table, you will eliminate the body's negative reaction to eating food that is heavy for the stomach.
If guided by these data, it will be easily broken down in the digestive tract. Otherwise incompatible products neutralize each other... This will lead to a slowdown in the digestive process, the appearance of heaviness in the stomach and other problems.
Melon Compatibility with Other Products
Melon can be eaten when the stomach is unloaded and ready to accept new food.... The fruit is in it for only a few minutes, then it is digested in the intestines. Eating cantaloupe at the same time as other foods leads to fermentation, nausea, and upset stools.
Why not with milk
Melon in combination with milk provokes diarrhea... In addition, the work of the gastrointestinal tract is disrupted: bloating, nausea and flatulence occur. In combination with any dairy product, the fetus can cause poisoning, which will require gastric lavage and medical treatment.
Why not with honey
Doctors believe that melon with honey is dangerous even for a healthy person, as it disrupts the digestive tract... There is a risk of intestinal obstruction if an abdominal operation was performed on it, after which scars and adhesions remained. It is not worth the risk of combining these products.
Melon and alcohol compatibility is zero... Consuming it at the same time as alcoholic beverages, you can provoke severe constipation or diarrhea. This is due to the fact that with this combination, vigorous fermentation occurs.
What else you can't eat melon with
Melon is incompatible with almost all products... It is best to eat it between meals, when the interval is at least two hours.
Many people wonder why you can't drink water after a melon. This combination has a powerful laxative effect. This will lead to dehydration of the body.
How to eat melon properly
If you want to diversify your menu, prepare a fruit salad... Melon goes well with peaches, bananas, apricots, pineapples and pears. You can add grapes and cheese to this salad.
In the Middle East, melon is served as a side dish with fish. In the Mediterranean countries it is eaten with meat or ham, in Italy - with prosciutto, in Spain - with ham.
Attention! There are various recipes for melon, but nutritionists recommend that you carefully combine it with other foods or eat them separately.
Who is forbidden to eat melon
In addition to its positive properties, melon also has negative ones. It takes a long time to digest in the digestive tract, so it is undesirable to eat a lot of pulp at one time.... This will cause heaviness in the stomach.For the same reason, it is not recommended to combine melon with dairy, fermented milk products and alcohol.
Melon is contraindicated for people suffering from gastritis, colitis, stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers. The consequences can be severe, even fatal.
Melon pulp is rich in carbohydrates, so diabetic patients should consult a doctor.
Melon contains a lot of vitamins and trace elements that have a positive effect on the entire body. But it is contraindicated in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and during pregnancy. Diabetics are advised to limit the amount of pulp they eat at a time.
Its combination with milk, honey, alcohol and water will provoke indigestion and even poisoning. This is why melon should be eaten separately from other foods, keeping the interval between meals for at least two hours.