How to cook canned zucchini for the winter: the most delicious and unusual recipes for seaming
Everyone knows such preparations for the winterlike squash caviar or lecho. But few people know that several dozen other savory snacks can be prepared from zucchini. Today we will tell you about the most original ones.
In the article you will find step by step recipes with photos and learn about the secrets of preserving this vegetable.
The content of the article
- Best Canned Zucchini Recipes
- Winter snack with carrots and garlic
- Canning small fruits for the winter with mustard
- Winter salad with cabbage, tomatoes and carrots
- In korean
- Mother-in-law tongue
- Salted zucchini like cucumbers
- Zucchini like pineapples
- Zucchini for the winter like mushrooms
- Squash caviar
- Jam with lemon and orange for the winter
- Tips from experienced housewives
Best Canned Zucchini Recipes
We have selected for you the most interesting and simple recipes for blanks from zucchini for winter. Among them there are hot snacks, salad, and even jam. All actions are described step by step - even a young hostess can handle it.
Winter snack with carrots and garlic
An appetizer prepared according to this recipe turns out to be a little spicy and sweet and sour in taste.
- zucchini - 1.5 kg;
- carrots - 300 g;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- garlic - 8-10 cloves;
- vinegar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- sunflower oil - 100 ml;
- water - 250 ml.
- Wash the zucchini thoroughly and cut into small pieces of 1 to 2 cm. For middle-aged fruits, remove the hard skin and remove the seeds before slicing.
- Grate the peeled carrots on a coarse grater. Chop the garlic or pass it through a press.
- Prepare the marinade: add salt, sugar, vinegar, sunflower oil to the water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Dip the zucchini in the marinade and bring it to a boil again. Then reduce heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and carrots to the courgettes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Place the snack in clean jars, cover and sterilize in a way that suits you (in the oven, microwave or saucepan).
- Twist the blank with lids, turn it over and wrap it up with a blanket. After a day, the snack jars will cool completely and can be moved to a cool storage area.
Canning small fruits for the winter with mustard
An appetizer according to this recipe can be prepared from any kind of zucchini.
Ingredients for three liter cans:
- zucchini - 3 kg;
- dill greens - 1 bunch;
- garlic - 1 head;
- salt - 75 g;
- sugar - 120 g;
- ground pepper - to taste;
- mustard (powder) - 18 g;
- vegetable oil - 125 ml;
- vinegar 9% - 135 ml.
- Wash vegetables, peel and seeds (you can leave young fruits). Cut into thin strips.
- Rinse greens, dry and chop finely. Pass the peeled garlic through a press.
- Prepare the marinade: combine vegetable oil, herbs, garlic, salt, sugar, black pepper, mustard and vinegar.
- Stir the marinade well and pour over the zucchini. Top with a weighted plate and marinate for three hours. Stir the vegetables in the marinade every half hour or hour.
- Fill clean jars with zucchini and top with the juice that has emerged from the marinating process. If the marinade is not enough to fill the cans to the top, pour boiled hot water.
- Sterilize the snack cans and roll up. Turn them upside down and leave to cool under the covers.
Winter salad with cabbage, tomatoes and carrots
Zucchini salad is a ready-made side dish for a meat dish in winter. This recipe contains a minimal amount of vinegar.
- white cabbage - 0.5 kg;
- zucchini - 0.5 kg;
- onions - 150 g;
- tomatoes - 250 g;
- carrots - 150 g;
- sweet pepper - 250 g;
- dill and parsley greens - 30 g (small bunch);
- salt - 2 tsp;
- sugar - 1 tsp;
- universal seasoning - 2 tsp;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs.;
- black pepper - 5-6 peas;
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp.;
- wine vinegar 6% - 1.5 tbsp. l.
- Wash and peel vegetables. Remove seeds from courgettes and peppers.
- Finely chop the cabbage and zucchini. Grate the carrots on a coarse grater. Cut the onion into half rings, the tomatoes into slices, and the pepper into thin strips.
- Put all vegetables in a saucepan, add salt, sugar, spices and vinegar. Leave it on for one hour - the vegetables will give juice and will not burn during further cooking.
- Put the dish to simmer over medium heat for 30-40 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally. It is not worth digesting the salad - the vegetables will still "reach" in the jars.
- Add chopped herbs, stir and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Place the salad in prepared jars and sterilize.
- Screw the jars back on with sterilized lids and turn over.
A spicy Korean zucchini appetizer will come in handy for any feast. The cooking recipe itself is quite simple and does not require additional sterilization... For a spicy snack, add fresh chili peppers.
- zucchini - 0.5 kg;
- carrots - 1 pc.;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- onions - 80 g.
- water - 0.5 l;
- vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
- hot ground pepper - 1 tsp;
- salt - 1 tsp. (no slide);
- sugar - 0.5 tbsp. l .;
- mustard beans - 0.5 tsp
- bay leaf - 1 pc .;
- vinegar - 2 tbsp. l.
- Rinse and dry the zucchini, cut the tails on both sides. On ripe fruits, remove the coarse skin and remove the seeds. Peel and rinse carrots and onions. Grate the zucchini and carrots for Korean carrots. Cut the onion into half rings.
- Combine all the ingredients for the pouring, except the vinegar, put on fire and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables to the filling and cook for another 5 minutes over medium heat. At the end, pour in the vinegar and add the garlic passed through a press. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Arrange the salad in sterilized jars, screw with metal lids and leave to cool under the covers.
- Store the cooled Korean-style snack in the cellar or refrigerator.
The appetizer got its name because of the shape of the fruit slicing - they resemble a tongue. There are many variations in the preparation of this salad. Here is a traditional recipe with tomatoes and bell peppers.
- zucchini - 3 kg;
- tomatoes - 3 kg;
- sweet pepper - 4 pcs.;
- hot pepper –2 pcs.;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- vegetable oil - 250 ml;
- sugar - 7-8 tsp;
- salt - 5-6 tsp;
- vinegar (9%) - 100 ml.
- Wash sweet and hot peppers and remove seeds. Grind them together with the tomatoes with a blender or pass through a meat grinder.
- Wash the zucchini, peel and cut into thin slices.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into a heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Throw the sliced zucchini into the boiling mixture. Add salt, sugar and oil. Reduce heat and simmer for half an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar, chopped garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable mass into sterile jars and roll up with metal lids.
- Turn the snack jars over, wrap and leave to cool.
Important! The main thing in preparing this dish is not to overcook the vegetables, so that the thin slices of zucchini retain their shape.
Salted zucchini like cucumbers
Zucchini cooked according to this recipe turns out to be juicy, crispy, with a piquant taste.
Ingredients for one liter can:
- zucchini - 800 g;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- sugar - 3 tsp;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l. with a slide;
- bay leaf - 1 pc .;
- black pepper - 6 peas;
- dill and parsley greens - 1 bunch;
- vinegar 9% - 1 tbsp. l.
- Cut the carefully washed zucchini into circles, no more than 1.5 cm thick. If the diameter of the rings is large, then cut them in half.
- Place the spices on the bottom of the jar and fill to the top with the zucchini.
- Prepare the brine: dissolve salt and sugar in cold water, stir, put on fire and bring to a boil.
- Add vinegar to a jar of vegetables and cover everything with hot brine.
- Place the lids on the jars and sterilize for 10-15 minutes. The sterilization time depends on the volume of the container.
- Tighten the jars with lids, turn over and wrap with a blanket.
- After cooling completely, store the snack in a dark and cool place.
Zucchini like pineapples
This original appetizer is good in salads and desserts, and in itself.
- zucchini - 1 kg;
- pineapple juice (canned) - 350 ml;
- citric acid - 2/3 tsp;
- sugar - 0.5 tbsp.;
- vanillin is a small pinch.
- Peel the zucchini, cut into rings and remove the seeds using a glass or a special mold.
- Mix pineapple juice with sugar, vanilla, citric acid and put on low heat. Boil the syrup until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Dip the zucchini in the syrup and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- After the appetizer has cooled down, arrange the zucchini in sterilized jars, fill with syrup and roll up for the winter.
On a note... Mature zucchini do not boil soft and retain their shape better. But they require more fluid. Therefore, if you do not take young vegetables, increase the amount of juice by 100 milliliters. Or add water instead.
Zucchini for the winter like mushrooms
Not everyone loves zucchini, despite their benefits. This is especially true for children. And then you have to go for tricks. This recipe is just for such an occasion. A dish prepared with it tastes like mushrooms. The fact is that zucchini does not have a pronounced taste, and they absorb the aromas of spices, fruits and vegetables with which they are cooked.
- zucchini - 3 kg;
- carrots - 3 pcs.;
- ground black pepper - 1 tbsp. l .;
- garlic - 3-4 cloves;
- parsley - a bunch;
- dill - a bunch;
- sugar - 3 tbsp. l .;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil - 100 g;
- vinegar 9% - 100 g.
- Prepare the courgettes: wash, peel and cut into cubes. Remove seeds from mature zucchini. But it is better to take young fruits for this recipe.
- Wash the carrots, peel and cut into thin slices. Chop the peeled garlic, washed and dried herbs.
- Transfer all vegetables, herbs and spices to a saucepan. Add vegetable oil, vinegar to them and mix thoroughly. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 3 hours.
- Arrange the pickled vegetables in jars and cover with the remaining juice in the saucepan.
- Place the lidded snack jars in a pot of water and sterilize for 15 minutes after the water boils.
- Take out the cans, roll up the lids. Turn them upside down, cover with a blanket and leave to cool overnight.
A savory mushroom-flavored zucchini appetizer will be a great addition to meat dishes and potatoes.
Important! For the garlic lover: don't add more than the recipe says - excess garlic will make the squash too soft.
Be sure to try cooking zucchini caviar in accordance with GOST USSR. For such a recipe, it is better to take young fruits with milk seeds, but it is permissible to use mature ones.
- young zucchini - 3 kg;
- carrots - 1 kg;
- onions - 1 kg;
- salt - 3 tsp;
- tomato paste - 3 tbsp l .;
- a mixture of peppers - 1 tsp;
- sunflower oil;
- vinegar 9% - 3 tbsp. l.
From the specified amount of ingredients, 3.5 liters of caviar is obtained.
- Wash the fruit thoroughly and cut into medium-sized cubes with the skin. Cut the onion into cubes, grate the carrots on a coarse grater.
- Fry the zucchini in a pan with sunflower oil until tender (25 minutes). Do not pour out the released juice during frying - it will still come in handy. Fry the onions and carrots separately until tender. Let all vegetables cool.
- Grind the cooled vegetables in a blender to a fluffy and smooth puree.
- Boil the resulting vegetable mass over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring constantly. Add spices and let simmer for another 15 minutes.5 minutes before the end of cooking, add 1 tbsp. l. vinegar.
- Pour the prepared caviar hot into prepared sterilized jars and roll up with metal lids.
Jam with lemon and orange for the winter
This vegetable makes a pretty interesting and tasty jam. In winter, it can be used as a filling for baked goods.
- zucchini - 3 kg;
- oranges - 1.5 kg;
- lemons - 2 pcs.;
- sugar - 2.5 kg.
- Peel zucchini, oranges and lemons from the skin and seeds.
- Rub the courgettes on a coarse grater.
- Pass the citrus fruits through a meat grinder and add to the courgettes.
- Pour sugar over the fruit and vegetable mixture and place over low heat. Cook for about an hour, remembering to stir occasionally.
- Pour the finished jam into sterilized jars and roll up for the winter.
Tips from experienced housewives
There are several features in preserving zucchini for the winter. Study them before you start cooking. Both the result and the shelf life of the snack will depend on this.
Recommendations of experienced housewives:
- Buy or harvest zucchini for winter preparations from mid-June to late July. Greenhouse vegetables will not work.
- For preservation, choose young fruits no more than 20 cm long, with smooth, thin skin without damage. Mature ones are suitable only for cooking squash caviar. Remember to remove the seeds while doing this.
- Zucchini, like cucumbers, should be soaked in cold water for a couple of hours before cooking so that they are saturated with moisture. Then they will be crisper and will not absorb some of the marinade. This, in turn, will prevent air from accumulating in the snack can and subsequent swelling of the lids.
- Prepare vegetable salads in an enamel bowl. This will help prevent unpleasant reactions with acetic acid.
- Use a variety of spices and dried herbs in the marinade. Horseradish, basil, tarragon, parsley and dill, celery, allspice and cloves are best suited for zucchini. This is a basic set of spices, but other spices can be added. Just do not add a lot of garlic and dill - they can kill the whole taste of the snack. Take no more than two sprigs of green dill and one clove of garlic per liter jar.
- Always sterilize lids and empty jars and keep them free from chips.
- Roll vegetable preparations into small jars no more than 1 liter in volume. So the snack will not bother you or your loved ones.
- Store snacks in a dark and cool place, without sterilization - in the refrigerator.
That's all the tricks. By following these recommendations, even a young hostess will be able to prepare delicious seaming.
There are never too many zucchini, especially in winter. Our selection of recipes will diversify your menu during the cold season. After all, from this vegetable you can prepare a variety of snacks and salads: salty, sweet, spicy - for every taste.
Don't be afraid to experiment with spices - zucchini absorbs everyone's aromas. But do not forget about the basic rules for preserving this vegetable.