The most delicious recipes for sweet cucumbers for the winter on a liter jar
It would seem that sweet cucumbers are nonsense. However, the original taste, ease of storage and ease of preparation are just some of the advantages of harvesting sweet cucumbers for the winter. In the article, we will consider recipes for a liter jar, the key rules for processing ingredients and advice from experienced housewives.
The content of the article
- Selection and preparation of fruits
- The best recipes for sweet cucumbers
- Tips & Tricks
Selection and preparation of fruits
The main thing is to choose and prepare the right vegetables. Do not use flabby or spoiled fruit. For those who grow them themselves, there will be no problems with the choice. But for those who are going to buy them, we will give some advice.
Choose these cucumbers:
- with black thorns;
- strong and firm to the touch;
The fruits are sized and divided into three types, depending on the size:
- pickles - 3-5 cm;
- gherkins - from 5 to 9 cm;
- greens - from 9 to 14 cm.
The best option for canning in a liter jar is fruits 7-12 cm in size.
Important! Immerse the cucumbers in cold water for 3-6 hours before canning to keep them crispy.
The best recipes for sweet cucumbers
Consider delicious, simple and time-tested recipes.
Attention! A liter jar will require about 700 g of cucumbers, that is, 10-12 pieces.
Classic sweet cucumbers
The marinade contains more sugar than salt, which gives the cucumbers a sweet taste.
- cucumbers - 700 g;
- leaves - horseradish, black currant, cherry - 1 pc .;
- dill - 2 umbrellas.;
- black pepper - 10 peas;
- garlic - 3 cloves.
A can of 1 liter will require approximately 0.5 liters marinade.
For the marinade for 0.5 liters of water, take:
- salt - 20 g (1 tbsp. l. without a slide);
- sugar - 50 g;
- vinegar 9% - 70 ml.
Rinse well not only the fruits, but also the greens. Be sure to sterilize jars and lids.
Step-by-step cooking instructions:
- Put all ingredients in a jar.
- Pour boiling water over and stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and make a marinade based on it.
- Add salt and sugar to it, boil.
- Pour in vinegar and cook for two minutes.
- Pour the marinade into a jar (up to the edge of the neck) and quickly roll up.
These cucumbers cook quickly and are eaten just as quickly.
To prepare a liter jar, you will need 700 g of cucumbers, 3 cloves of garlic and 3 sprigs of dill.
For the marinade:
- water - 0.5 l;
- salt - 1 tbsp l. without a slide;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- vinegar 9% - 3 tbsp. l. (50 ml).
- Place dill, garlic and cucumbers in a prepared jar.
- Add salt and sugar, pour vinegar and pour clean cold water up to the edge of the neck. Cover with a lid.
- Sterilize after boiling water for 3-5 minutes and seal quickly.
Place a cloth on the bottom of the pot before placing the jar into the sterilization container. Pour warm water (not cold) up to the shoulders of the jar.
Sweet cucumbers with citric acid
For those who don't like vinegar, there is a citric acid recipe.
For procurement you will need:
- cucumbers - 700 g;
- greens - dill, horseradish, currant leaf;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- sweet pepper - a quarter of a pod.
For the marinade:
- clean water - 0.5 l;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l. with a slide (30 g);
- salt - 2 tsp without a slide (15 g);
- citric acid - 1 tsp. without a slide (5 g).
- Put greens, garlic and cucumbers with pepper in prepared jars.
- Pour boiling water over and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and pour salt and sugar into it at the rate of 0.5 liters.
- Bring the brine to a boil, add citric acid and stir vigorously.
- Pour the marinade over the jar of cucumbers above the neck and quickly close the lid. Turn upside down and wrap up.
After about 12 hours, store the finished seaming.
For cooking, use any mustard - seeds, powder or diluted ready mix. When using ready-made mustard, the brine turns out to be cloudy, but this should not be feared. Mustard powder is well suited for blanks.
You will need 700 g of cucumbers, 1 bell pepper and 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, parsley and dill, mustard powder - 0.5 tsp.
- water - 0.5 l;
- salt - 1 tbsp l .;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- black pepper - 5 peas;
- allspice - 1 pea;
- cloves - 1 pc.;
- vinegar 9% - 2 tbsp. l. (30-40 ml).
How to cook step by step:
- Cut onion into rings, pepper into slices.
- Put prepared herbs, garlic, onions and cucumbers in jars, add pepper wedges and pour mustard powder.
- For the marinade, put all seasonings (except vinegar) in water, heat and boil for 2-3 minutes. At the end of the boil, add vinegar and pour over cucumbers.
- Cover the jars with lids and sterilize. Warm up liter cans in slightly boiling water for 10 minutes. Cork and wrap, turning over onto the lid.
Remove from heat after complete cooling. Can be stored at room temperature.
Sweet and sour cucumbers
Homemade sweet and sour cucumbers are tastier than store ones. It's all about the marinade, for the preparation of which you need to dissolve 2 tbsp in a liter of water. l. salt and 3 tbsp. l. sugar, add 3 bay leaves, 3 allspice peas and 5 black peppercorns. Heat all this and boil for two minutes. Pour in 1 tbsp. l. vinegar essence and stir.
Place the cucumbers tightly in a jar and pour over the marinade. Sterilize liter jars after boiling for 5 minutes.
Bulgarian-style sweet cucumbers
Favorite pickles from the times of the USSR. There is no garlic or dill in the composition, but onions are present.
To prepare a marinade from 1 liter of water, you will need:
- salt - 1 tbsp l. with a slide;
- sugar - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- vinegar 9% - 100 ml.
At the bottom of the prepared jar, put several onion rings, 5 black peppercorns, two cloves, two sprigs of parsley, two bay leaves. Add cucumbers, about 600 g, place a few more onion rings in the middle of the jar.
Dissolve salt and sugar in water, put two bay leaves, bring to a boil, pour in vinegar and bring to a boil again.
Pour the contents with hot marinade, cover with lids and sterilize after boiling 1 liter jar for 10 minutes.
Sweet spicy cucumbers
For the marinade, take 4 tbsp. water, pour 1 tbsp into it. l. (with a slide) salt, 5 tbsp. l. sugar and, stirring, heat to a boil. Pour in a glass of 9% vinegar and bring to a boil again.
Put dill, garlic, currant leaves, a quarter of a hot pepper pod, 700 g of cucumbers in a sterilized liter jar and pour the contents with boiling marinade.
Sterilize for 15 minutes. The finished fruits are strong and crispy.
Non-sterilized recipe with apple cider vinegar
Put dill, garlic, parsley in two prepared liter jars, 2 pcs. bay leaf, a quarter of hot pepper and 700 g of fruit.
Make the first filling with boiling water. After the jars have stood for 5 minutes, drain the water, bring it to 800 ml and dissolve 90 g of granulated sugar and 40 g of coarse salt.
Bring the marinade to a boil and pour 200 ml of apple cider vinegar into it. Bring to a boil again.
Pour marinade over the contents of the jars and close quickly. Such workpieces can stand without sterilization. Store in a cool, dark place.
Sweet cucumbers in oil
Salad in oil is easy and simple to prepare.
To do this, cut 3 kg of cucumbers into slices and place them in a bowl.
Then add the ingredients:
- onions in half rings - 0.5 kg;
- chopped garlic - one head;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil - 0.5 cups;
- ground black pepper - 1 tsp;
- bay leaf - 3 pcs.
Mix everything and leave in a bowl for pickles for an hour.
During this time, sterilize cans and lids. Arrange the salad in 1 liter jars and sterilize for 15 minutes.
Assorted sweet cucumbers and tomatoes
Green cucumbers look beautiful together with red tomatoes, the taste of the assortment is also excellent.
It is better to put gherkins (7-8 pcs.) And small tomatoes in liter jars. Can add carrot circles and onions in half rings.
Pre-sterilize the jar and place greens (dill, parsley, currant leaf) in it. Alternating, put vegetables, pour marinade and sterilize. Sterilization time in weakly boiling water is 10 minutes.
Marinade ingredients for two liter jars:
- water - 750 ml;
- sugar - 90 g;
- salt - 40 g;
- apple cider vinegar - 250 ml.
After sterilization, quickly close the lid or roll up.
Tips & Tricks
To make the cucumbers tasty and not explode, use the recommendations:
- Practice good hygiene in your preparation. Be sure to wash the jars and sterilize them.
- Wash vegetables and herbs thoroughly.
- Soak the cucumbers for 3-6 hours in cold water.
- Be sure to lay a cloth at the bottom of the container in which the workpieces will be heated.
- Pour water for sterilization up to the hangers of the jars.
- If the workpieces are made without sterilization, then you must first pour boiling water over the vegetables in jars once or twice - to warm them up - and only then with the marinade.
If you follow these recommendations, the workpieces will be successfully stored even at room temperature.
Consider a few reviews about cucumber harvesting.
Natalia, Smolensk: «I make my most delicious salad without sterilization in a liter jar. I take pieces of three large cucumbers and a small onion, cut, crush two cloves of garlic, salt, sugar, butter and leave to marinate for 3-6 hours. I boil for three minutes, pour a tablespoon of vinegar and put it in a sterile jar. A very convenient and quick recipe. "
Igor, Tver region: “Tinned cucumbers in one-liter jars with onions, carrots and a slice of Bulgarian pepper are delicious, sweet and crunchy. They remind the Bulgarian ones that were sold 30 years ago. The preparation is simple. Put everything in a jar, pour the marinade and sterilize. I always taste the marinade and cook it to my liking. You can put it on a holiday for a snack. "
Even a novice housewife can cook the proposed recipes. Different flavors are taken into account here: canning with vinegar, citric acid, apple cider vinegar and mustard. The addition of onions, bell peppers and tomatoes gives the cucumbers a special flavor. And the small size of the can will make it convenient to store and quickly eat the workpiece after opening.