Features of the manufacture and use of wheat seedlings
Sprouted wheat is gaining more and more popularity among health food advocates. These live grains, with regular use, are able to saturate the body with many vitamins and minerals, give health and energy. How useful wheat germ is and how to use it, you will learn from the article.
The content of the article
How to germinate wheat for nutrition
This useful product can be purchased in specialized stores, but it is better germinate grain at home on your own - so you can be sure of its freshness.
The most useful are sprouts 2-3 mm long, since the concentration of nutrients in them is much higher. It takes 20 hours to germinate them for consumption.
There are several options sprouting wheat:
- In container... The container can be glass, plastic or ceramic. A wet piece of cloth is laid on the bottom, wheat grains are placed in 1-2 layers, and the top is also covered with a damp cloth. It is important to moisturize it periodically so that it does not dry out.
- In a glass jar. A jar with a volume of 0.5-0.7 liters is placed in the bowl at an angle. 1/3 fill with grains. Water is poured into the bowl, and the neck of the jar is covered with gauze, one end of which is dipped into water. The first shoots will appear in a few hours.
Before germination, the seeds are washed several times. Grains that remain floating on the surface are thrown away, since they will not germinate.
Wheatgrass: benefits and harms
Wheatgrass is called living food because of its beneficial effects on health. They contain substances that stimulate recovery and renewal:
- normalize digestion;
- improve the condition of the skin and hair;
- strengthen the immune system;
- increase efficiency, improve mental abilities;
- restore strength after illness.
For women and men
With the constant use of sprouted wheat:
- libido increases, appearance improves;
- the hormonal balance is normalized, the ability to fertilize increases;
- the craving for harmful products, smoking and alcohol decreases;
- the quality of life improves, fatigue and sweating disappear;
- the risk of developing cancer is reduced;
- the body is cleansed;
- regeneration (renewal) of cells is enhanced;
- concentration of attention improves.
There is no unequivocal opinion about the safety of the use of living semen by children. Some believe that this will trigger early puberty. With a high mental and physical activity, wheat germ will help avoid frequent colds, strengthen the child's immune system and nervous system.
Attention! Please consult your pediatrician before giving wheat sprouts to children.
For older people, sprouted wheat grains can become a real elixir of youth. Thanks to their cleansing and regenerating properties, they will help restore activity and joy of life. The antioxidants found in wheat grains are beneficial for arthritis, heart failure, and atherosclerosis.
Wheat sprouts should not be consumed:
- together with dairy products - this will cause bloating and flatulence;
- children under 12 years old without a doctor's permission;
- with exacerbation of stomach and intestinal ulcers;
- with allergies, as well as intolerance to lectin and gluten.
How to take at home
Sprouted grains are consumed 30 minutes before meals. It is enough to do this once a day, in the morning.You should start with 1 tbsp. l., gradually bringing the volume to 100 g per day.
Caloric content per 100 g of product is 198 kcal.
If you want to lose weight, it is good to combine a healthy diet with wheat germ. Between meals, but no later than 30 minutes before meals, wheat grains are eaten at 1 tbsp. l. Moreover, they are thoroughly chewed and washed down with 1 tbsp. clean water. This will help reduce your cravings for starchy foods, sweets, and fries.
Reference. If tough grains are difficult to chew, you can grind them.
For medicinal purposes
- Grains will help not only cleanse the body, but also rid it from parasites... To do this, add 1/3 tsp to them. cinnamon, consumed regularly on an empty stomach.
- For the prevention of osteoporosis wheat milk is being prepared. For this, 100 g of sprouted grains are crushed and poured into 1 tbsp. warm water. Insist for about an hour, filter and drink 2 times, morning and evening.
- With anemia sprouted grains are twisted in a meat grinder with walnuts, dried apricots and dates. This mixture is stored in the refrigerator and consumed 2 times a day on an empty stomach.
- To improve vision mix sprouted and ground sprouts with ghee oil and lemon juice. Store in the refrigerator. Consume 1 tsp. along with grated carrots.
A scrub made from ground and dried seedlings has an excellent effect on the skin. Before use, the powder is mixed with shower gel.
Masks with freshly sprouted grains are applied to the face and body for 20 minutes. To enhance the effect, they are combined with healing clay, oils or other ingredients.
How to cook sprouted wheat for healing
To make really healthy grains, you need to follow a few rules:
- Wheat grains are bought at a pharmacy or specialized stores.
- To get rid of chemicals, the seeds are soaked in clean water overnight.
- Floated grains are thrown away.
- The size of the seedlings should not be more than 3 mm: the larger they are, the less nutrients remain in them.
- You should not harvest seedlings for future use, they should always be fresh.
Reviews of wheat germ are only positive.
Elena, 53 years old: “They should be consumed in late winter - early spring, when there is nowhere to take vitamins, there are no high-quality and fresh vegetables and fruits, and the body is especially weakened. My husband and I got married when he was 39 years old; it seemed to him that the years had gone into the sunset and male strength was leaving, but he did not want to disappoint me. He ate these seedlings and fulfilled his marital duty 5 times more often than I expected. So I advise, very effective! "
Olga, 32 years old: “I had 2 dishes constantly. While eating one portion, the second sprouted. Not everyone has the patience to use them for a long time and regularly. But the result was on the face: the skin and hair became excellent, hemoglobin increased, and overall health improved. "
Irina, 45 years old: “They predicted a sharp weight gain due to hormonal imbalance, and I categorically did not want to drink medicine. I started using wheat germ, and the weight remained at the same level. Now I am prescribed drugs in which the content of substances is similar to their content in sprouted wheat. "
It is interesting:
By adding sprouted wheat grains to your daily diet, you will help your body get all the important elements, protect itself from the harmful effects of the environment, and also improve the quality of life. Consistency and regularity, coupled with proper nutrition and moderate exercise, will bring good results.