Medicinal properties and contraindications of raspberry leaves for women
Raspberry leaves are rarely used for treatment. Most of all, fresh berries, raspberry jam are used - not only as a dessert, but also for the prevention of diseases. From the article you will learn about the medicinal properties of raspberry leaves and contraindications for women, as well as the benefits and dangers of raspberry tea.
The content of the article
The chemical composition of raspberry leaves
The healing power of the plant has long been used in folk medicine. Many valuable substances are contained not only in berriesbut also in the leaves.
Before using the product for treatment, you must familiarize yourself with the chemical composition:
- Vitamins: A - 3.7%, C - 28%, E - 4%, B - 11%.
- A large amount of minerals: calcium - 4%, magnesium - 5.5%, potassium - 9%, chlorine - 1%, copper - 17%, zinc - 1.7%, iron - 6.7%, sodium - 0.8 %.
- Vitamin PP - 3.5%.
- Fiber - 4-6%.
- Mono- and disaccharides - 8.3 g.
Raspberry greens contain approximately 10% sugar and 3% organic acids (citric, malic, tartaric, salicylic).
Reference. Raspberry leaf is rich in vitamin C. 100 g of plant material contains 25 mg of ascorbic acid.
Useful and medicinal properties for women
Raspberry leaves are not only beneficial for colds and respiratory problems. The plant is used in gynecology to treat PMS symptoms, relieve pain during menstruation, reduce nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
It is also believed that preparations from raspberry leaves help to strengthen the walls of the uterus, reduce the intensity of bleeding, and reduce the likelihood of pathological degeneration of tissues. The broth helps in the treatment of thrush and inflammation.
- For uterine and other types of bleeding, make a tincture.
- Tea is brewed to enlarge the endometrium.
- For the treatment of infertility, they drink a tincture.
- Various mixtures of raspberry leaves help with inflammation of the ovaries.
Traditional medicine recipes
There are many recipes that you can quickly and easily prepare at home healing products. Each of them has a positive effect on the entire body.
A drink made from raspberry leaves is used in official and folk medicine. Tea helps with colds, has an antipyretic effect, has anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties.
It must be used for bleeding and heavy menstruation. Also, the drink will help cope with depression if you take it 3-4 cups a day.
- raspberry leaves - 2 tsp;
- water - 600 ml.
- Chop dry leaves and cover with hot water.
- Insist 3 hours. If there is no time to wait, you can boil the raw material for a few minutes.
For cooking, you can use both fresh and dry leaves. The total amount is enough for 2 doses, but the second dose must be stored in the refrigerator.
- water - 0.5 l;
- leaves - 25 g.
- Pour raw materials with hot water, bring to a boil.
- Leave to simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Cool the infusion to room temperature.
The daily rate is up to 250 ml per day.
The technology for preparing the broth differs from that used to prepare the infusion. The liquid is more concentrated.
You need to take the remedy with great care.
- leaves - 20 g;
- boiling water - 250 ml.
- Put the raw materials in a glass dish and pour boiling water over it.
- Put on low heat.
- After the water boils, leave the broth over the fire for 8 minutes.
- Remove from stove and immediately filter.Take orally when the broth is warm.
Take 1 tbsp. per day, divided into several receptions.
It is used to treat joints, acne, helps fight various dermatitis, eczema.
The mixture is applied to the affected skin with a thin layer. The ointment should be completely absorbed.
- fresh plant leaves - 50 g;
- butter, preferably homemade - 100 g.
- Rinse the plant well and dry it with a towel.
- Knead thoroughly. Then squeeze the juice through several layers of cheesecloth.
- Melt the butter in a water bath.
- Add leaf juice and stir. Send to refrigerator.
- Once the mixture is thick, you can send it to the freezer.
Compress helps relieve joint pain, itching and redness. The beneficial substances in the plant relieve inflammation, strengthen and restore joints.
It is enough to apply the product to the affected area for 30 minutes.
- Take fresh and young raspberry leaves (20 g).
- Pour boiling water over and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove water, add a few teaspoons of honey.
- Wrap everything in gauze and apply to the affected area for 20 minutes.
Contraindications and possible harm
It is impossible to consume raw materials in early pregnancy, so as not to provoke a miscarriage. Traditional healers claim that decoctions of raspberry leaves are best drunk before childbirth, since they stimulate smooth muscle contractions.
Also, raspberry broths and teas are contraindicated for:
- Increased acidity of gastric juice.
- Stomach ulcer.
- Chronic gastritis.
- Individual intolerance.
It is interesting:
Raspberry leaves have a positive effect on human health. According to reviews, a raspberry leaf as part of decoctions and infusions helps to cope with many diseases, especially women's. The plant is beneficial only if taken as directed. Do not exceed the dose - this will only worsen the condition.