The benefits and harms of walnuts for women
Walnut provides the body with useful substances, improves a woman's appearance and fights against age-related changes. It is used for weight loss and treatment of many diseases, in particular the cardiovascular and reproductive systems. We will tell you in detail how walnuts are useful for women and in what cases you should not use them.
The content of the article
Calorie content and chemical composition of walnuts
The calorie content of 100 g of walnuts is 656 kcal... BJU set: proteins - 16.2 g, fats - 60.8 g, carbohydrates - 11.1 g.
Nuts are packed with vitamins and minerals. A 100 g serving contains vitamins:
- A - 1 μg;
- B1 - 0.39 mg;
- B2 - 0.12 mg;
- B5 - 0.8 mg;
- B6 - 0.8 mg;
- B9 - 77 mcg;
- C - 5.8 mg;
- E - 2.6 mg;
- K - 2.7 mg;
- PP - 1.2 mg;
- beta-carotene - 0.05 mg.
- iron - 2 mg;
- zinc - 2.57 mg;
- iodine - 3.1 mcg;
- copper - 527 mcg;
- manganese - 1.9 mg;
- selenium - 4.9 mcg;
- fluorine - 685 mcg;
- cobalt - 7.3 mcg.
- calcium - 89 mg;
- magnesium - 120 mg;
- potassium - 474 mg;
- phosphorus - 332 mg;
- chlorine - 25 mg;
- sulfur - 100 mg.
Interesting on the site:
The benefits of walnuts for women
Walnuts have a positive effect on most processes in the female body due to its rich chemical composition:
- phytohormones are effective in combating mastopathy;
- magnesium has a positive effect on the nervous system: it helps to resist stress, unreasonable anxiety, nervous exhaustion;
- vitamins and minerals are good for hair and nails, keep them healthy and strong;
- vitamin complex promotes skin rejuvenation and regeneration;
- vitamin C and iron help pregnant women cope with anemia and recover from blood loss during childbirth;
- folic acid contributes to the normal development and prevention of pathologies of the nervous system of the fetus during gestation;
- antioxidants increase the resistance of the female body to infections.
Also, the use of walnuts is recommended for gynecological problems.: uterine bleeding, menstrual irregularities, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, erosion, myoma, uterine fibroids.
Important! Eating unripe green walnuts can help with hormonal imbalance.
The product is used in cosmetology... Kernels, shells, partitions serve as the basis for creams, shampoos, tonics, lotions, anti-aging cosmetics. Such products cleanse, refresh and nourish the skin, remove irritation and oily sheen, restore elasticity and color to it.
Walnut oil is used as a therapeutic and prophylactic agent. against inflammation and fungal diseases.
For health and body
Walnut helps to keep the body healthy, saturates it with vitamins and microelements for the normal functioning of organs. Product application promotes:
- strengthening immunity;
- prevention of vitamin deficiency in the spring-autumn period;
- ensuring the normal course of metabolic processes;
- improving memory and brain function;
- elimination of toxic substances from the body;
- regulation of blood pressure;
- improving the functioning of the thyroid gland;
- strengthening the vascular network of the body, increasing the elasticity of the vascular walls, resorption of sclerotic and cholesterol plaques, purifying the blood;
- improving the condition of the liver;
- prevention of cancer.
Walnut has anti-inflammatory, antiparasitic and hemostatic properties.
For losing weight
Weight loss is possible when using the product in combination with little physical activity. Nuts provide the body with useful energy for physical activity.
Despite the high calorie content of the product, its inclusion in the diet for weight loss gives the following results:
- helps to replace fat mass with muscle;
- preserves muscle mass while losing body fat;
- satisfies hunger, is suitable as a snack;
- promotes the production of serotonin - the hormone of joy;
- reduces the calorie content of salads and main courses, replacing oil;
- helps the absorption of vitamins A and K from other foods;
- reduces blood glucose;
- normalizes kidney function;
- reduces fatigue during exercise;
- improves digestion and removal of toxic substances from the body.
You should know that eating only walnuts, you cannot lose weight; fasting days on nuts are also ineffective. If you follow a strict diet, walnuts are excluded from the diet.
During pregnancy and lactation
Walnuts are recommended for pregnant women... They contain iron, magnesium, folic acid, which are necessary for the full development of the child.
In addition, the useful composition of the product:
- replenishes the deficiency of vitamins and minerals in a woman's body, improves metabolism;
- ensure the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract of the expectant mother;
- strengthens the immunity of mother and child;
- keeps tooth enamel, nails and hair healthy;
- increases the endurance of the musculoskeletal system, which is overloaded when carrying a baby;
- helps to cope with toxicosis - prevents nausea, weakness, dizziness, apathy.
The product must not be abused, the permissible number of kernels per day is determined by the doctor... Eating a large amount of nuts negatively affects not only the woman's body, but also the child, causing obesity and subsequently - complications during childbirth. Before giving birth, it is recommended to eat walnuts carefully and in limited quantities, about three pieces a day.
For constipation in a pregnant woman the product is excluded from the diet.
Nuts are also good for nursing moms... The chemical composition of the nut enriches human milk, makes it fatty and nutritious, contributes to the normal development of the baby. Tannins and carotenoids provide restful sleep for the baby.
Important!The walnut can cause an allergic reaction in a child. Mom needs to track his rash and redness when using the product.
After 50 years
Walnuts are also on the list of nuts useful for women over 50. The use of the product during this period improves the condition with the following diseases and age-related changes in the body:
- varicose veins;
- symptoms of menopause;
- memory problems;
- joint inflammation;
- high cholesterol levels, the presence of cholesterol plaques.
Product banned when predisposition to thrombosis.
Walnut improves brain activity, strengthens the nervous system, slows down the aging process, increases the level of collagen in the body, strengthens bone tissue, improves the condition of the heart, including normalizing the blood circulation process, serves as a prophylactic agent against strokes and heart attacks.
Consumption rate per day
The nutritional value of the product is high, therefore the daily intake is up to 50 g (about 10 cores). It is permissible to consume no more than 1.5 kg of nuts per month.
It is recommended to eat nuts raw or dried in the morning, not on an empty stomach.so that the body has time to spend the energy received with food. Eating the product at night stimulates weight gain.
Contraindications and possible harm
Women with the following conditions should not eat walnuts:
- stomach ulcer;
- skin diseases (psoriasis, eczema);
- intestinal disorders;
- allergy to nuts or protein;
- predisposition to thrombosis;
- an excess of iodine in the body.
The use of the product in large quantities harms the body in the form inflammation of the tonsils, intestinal disorders, headache.
Also, you can not eat spoiled nuts.: with cracks or dark spots on the shell, darkened kernels, bitter taste, yellow powder inside the shell.
Walnut is a healthy product for women due to its chemical composition and properties. It supports the body at any age, during pregnancy and breastfeeding. But before using it, it is important to familiarize yourself with the norms, contraindications and potential harm.