How is macadamia nut good for the body?
Macadamia is the most expensive nut in the world. Its high cost is due to the plant's exacting requirements for growing conditions. It grows only in a warm, humid climate, is often affected by pests and diseases, bears fruit only at the 10th year of life - gardeners have to work hard to get a crop.
Despite all the difficulties in care, macadamia enjoys stable popularity all over the world, as it is also one of the healthiest nuts. It is used in medicine, cosmetology and cooking.
The content of the article
- What is macadamia nut and where does it grow
- Nut composition and calorie content
- Useful properties for the body
- Uses of the Australian macadamia nut
- Contraindications and possible harm
- How to store and where to buy macadamia nuts
What is macadamia nut and where does it grow
Macadamia is a tree with a height of 2 to 15 m.It has green, dense, elongated leaves with smooth edges... The fruits of the plant are nuts. One tree 10 years after planting gives an average of 100 kg of nuts, bears fruit every season.
Macadamia nuts are almost perfectly round in shape with an elongated tip on one side. Unripe fruits have a dark green leathery shell; when ripe, they acquire a light brown tint and glossy shine and hardens. Under the thick shell is a cream-colored kernel with a brown film on top. It has a crumbly structure and a sweetish nutty vanilla flavor.
The historical homeland of the nut is Australia. The country exports from 400 to 700 thousand tons per year. The tree is also grown in Brazil, the USA, South Africa, New Zealand, and Hawaii.
The plant takes root in any countries with tropical and subtropical climates. It is demanding on heat, sunlight and humidity.
Macadamia is considered one of the most expensive foods in the world. The minimum price for 1 kg is $ 30.
It is interesting! In our country, it is possible to grow trees in greenhouses and winter gardens. In the summer in the southern regions, it is taken out into the street. Macadamia cannot survive winter cold snaps.
Nut composition and calorie content
Macadamia nuts have a high nutritional value. There are 720 kcal per 100 g of the product.
Despite the high calorie content, the use of nuts contributes to weight loss, since they contain fats that are easily excreted from the body.
- proteins - 7.9 g;
- carbohydrates - 5.2 g;
- fats - 75.8 g.
A valuable nut contains many substances useful for the human body:
- vitamins: A, B1, B2, B5, B6, B9, C, PP, E;
- macro- and microelements: phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, calcium, selenium, sodium, zinc, iron, copper, manganese;
- vegetable fibers;
- fatty acids: omega-3 and omega-6.
The product does not contain harmful cholesterol. This makes it especially safe for people with atherosclerosis and other diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Useful properties for the body
Macadamia is the healthiest nut of all. It has a positive effect on almost all processes in the body. Improves the condition of internal organs, skin and hair.
Why macadamia nuts are useful:
- strengthen the vascular walls and remove cholesterol from the body - this reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes, thrombophlebitis, varicose veins, atherosclerosis;
- reduce blood pressure - with regular use, they treat hypertension;
- have an analgesic effect - eliminate migraines and headaches;
- prevent the development and slow the progression of Alzheimer's disease;
- strengthen the musculoskeletal system, improve the condition of the teeth, reduce the risk of developing rickets;
- have a positive effect on brain activity and improve the state of the nervous system, eliminate depression, improve mood, relieve insomnia, improve memory;
- cleanse the body of toxins, toxins, free radicals, heavy metals;
- improve the condition of the liver, prevent gallstone and urolithiasis;
- have a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin and hair, slow down the aging process;
- increase endurance and tone the body;
- help to restore the vitamin and mineral balance in the body, eliminate anemia;
- increase the sensitivity of cells to insulin, lower blood sugar levels;
- accelerate metabolic processes;
- improve the state of the endocrine system, normalize hormonal levels;
- strengthen immunity, activate immune processes.
Nuts have a beneficial effect on all systems and organs and on health in general with regular use. They are part of many folk recipes and some pharmaceuticals.
What is useful for women
Macadamia is especially beneficial for women. The product helps to prevent the occurrence of problems typical for the female body.
The benefits and harms of macadamia nuts for the female body:
- reduces the severity of pain during menstruation, relieves spasms and has an analgesic effect, reduces the severity of PMS;
- helps with menopause, reduces the frequency of hot flashes and reduces the severity of symptoms;
- normalizes hormones, helps in the treatment of thyroid diseases;
- relieves inflammation, helps in the treatment of cystitis and diseases of the female reproductive organs;
- slows down the aging of the body if consumed regularly.
Macadamia is an essential beauty product. It improves the condition of the skin, nails and hair, promotes weight loss, and reduces the severity of cellulite.
Benefits for men
It is useful to use macadamia and men. The product helps fight the most common problems:
- prevents the development of impotence, improves potency with regular use;
- increases libido;
- improves the condition of the prostate gland;
- strengthens the genitourinary system.
Recommended for athletes. The product improves endurance and training quality.
Uses of the Australian macadamia nut
Macadamia king nut is used in many areas. It is used in cooking, cosmetology, medicine. The product helps with weight loss.
Not only nut kernels are used. The shell and macadamia oil have a healing effect.
In folk medicine
Macadamia nuts help fight health problems. Their use is recommended for:
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- disorders in the liver and pancreas;
- decreased bone density, increased risk of fractures;
- hormonal disruptions;
- diseases of the thyroid gland;
- impairment of memory and mental activity;
- chronic fatigue;
- decreased potency;
- diseases of the prostate;
- diabetes mellitus;
- diseases of the female reproductive organs;
- recovery after operations and transferred infectious diseases.
Macadamia is an adjunct to mainstream treatment, not the only drug. It is used to treat the described diseases after consulting a doctor.
Folk remedies are prepared from the product:
- Tincture for cleansing the body: 20 nut kernels are chopped with a knife, poured with boiling water and left for a day. Consume 100 ml before meals 3 times a day for a week.
- Paste for strengthening the immune system: 100 g of macadamia, 1 lemon, 100 g of prunes and dried apricots are twisted in a meat grinder. Add 2 tbsp to the mixture. l. honey and placed in the refrigerator. They eat 2 tbsp. l.1 time per day after meals for a month.
The product helps to solve cosmetic problems. Nut oil and kernels have the following effects:
- face - smoothes fine wrinkles, nourishes, eliminates age spots and freckles, restores firmness and elasticity, prevents the appearance of wrinkles, protects against ultraviolet radiation;
- hair - strengthens hair follicles, stops hair loss, reduces scalp oiliness, improves hair structure, accelerates growth;
- body - improves blood circulation, smoothes the skin relief, eliminates inflammation of the subcutaneous tissue, removes cellulite;
- skin - accelerate regeneration, relieve inflammation, make scars less noticeable.
In cosmetology, walnut oil is used for external use. We offer several recipes.
For nourishing and shining hair
1 tbsp. l. green tea is poured with a glass of boiling water. In 20 minutes. take 4 tbsp. l. the resulting drink. Tea is added with 2 tbsp. l. macadamia oil and 1 tbsp. l. avocado oil. The composition is thoroughly mixed, rubbed into the scalp and distributed through the hair.
The head is wrapped in foil and left in this form for an hour. Then wash off with shampoo. The procedure is repeated twice a month.
Anti-dry skin mask
4 tbsp. l macadamia oil is mixed with 1 tsp. honey. The mixture is applied to the skin of the face and hands and left for 20 minutes. Then wash off without using soap and wipe your face with a paper towel. If you add 1 tsp to the mixture. lemon juice, you get a mask for removing age spots.
For an even and beautiful tan, pure macadamia oil is rubbed into the skin.
How to use for weight loss
To lose weight, nut kernels are used in the diet. Of course, if you eat a few nuts, then kilograms of excess weight will not go anywhere in a day. The product helps to fight fatty deposits with proper nutrition and sufficient physical activity.
Macadamia has the following effects on weight loss:
- normalizes metabolism, promotes increased calorie consumption at rest, accelerates the absorption of fatty deposits;
- has fatty acids in its composition, with deficiencies of which there is a desire to eat fatty foods or fast carbohydrates - when eating macadamia nuts, the lack of useful acids is compensated, therefore, it is easier for a losing weight to follow a diet;
- helps to eliminate the chronic inflammatory process, which is considered the cause of cellulite;
- improves mood - this reduces a person's need for sugary foods;
- restores intestinal microflora.
Macadamia, like other nuts, is eaten for breakfast or as a snack. It is recommended to eat no more than 50 g of nuts per day.
The nut is also used in cooking. Dishes with the addition of this product can be found in restaurants. It is used in the following recipes:
- desserts - walnut is combined with chocolate and vanilla, sprinkled with cakes, cookies and ice cream;
- salads - any salad will become tastier and healthier if sprinkled with chopped macadamia (one nut is enough per serving);
- meat dishes - meat is decorated or stuffed with the product.
Nuts are eaten raw or fried. Uncooked macadamia contains more nutrients.
Contraindications and possible harm
Not only the Australian macadamia nut has beneficial properties, but also contraindications. These include:
- allergy to nuts;
- liver disease;
- stomach ulcer.
When consumed in reasonable amounts, the macadam nut is only beneficial. It will cause harm only if there are contraindications or excessive use. The percentage of fat in the product is high, and if you eat too much of it, then there will be problems with the pancreas, and extra pounds will appear.
Note! Macadamia nut is good for humans, but dangerous for sabak.
How to store and where to buy macadamia nuts
Macadamia is not sold in regular supermarkets. The walnut is ordered on the Internet, bought in the stores of proper nutrition and exotic products.
In the shell in a dry dark place, the product is stored for up to a year. Clean it immediately before use, splitting in the seam area.
Peeled walnuts can be stored for no more than 3 months, provided that they are vacuum packed. Opened packages are placed in the refrigerator and eaten within a month.
It is interesting:
Macadamia is an incredibly healthy nut. It is considered one of the most expensive foods in the world. You can buy it in our country far from everywhere. The Australian walnut is rich in vitamins, minerals and fatty acids. It is used in cooking, medicine and cosmetology.