How many nuts per day can you lose weight
The nut is considered a very high-calorie, and therefore undesirable product on the menu during weight loss. However, this is an erroneous opinion, since in small quantities some fruits accelerate weight loss, saturate with vitamins and minerals. Following the simple rules for eating nuts will benefit a person who is on a diet.
The content of the article
Is it possible to eat nuts when losing weight
This slimming product do not exclude from the diet, but eat in small quantities (up to 30 g per day). To stimulate the body to get rid of extra pounds and reduce hunger, fruits are added to salads, cereals, fruit and vegetable smoothies, cottage cheese, and eaten raw during light snacks.
The benefits of nuts on a diet:
- reduce the level of LDL (bad cholesterol), normalize metabolism;
- give strength and energy, especially after playing sports;
- fiber in the fruit improves digestion;
- high protein and fat content quickly saturates during snacks;
- magnesium, omega-3, zinc strengthen the liver, which, when losing weight, experiences maximum stress, removing toxins formed from the breakdown of subcutaneous fats.
Nutritionists do not recommend eating the fruit just before bed. due to their high calorie content. The body will not have time to quickly process large amounts of fats, proteins and carbohydrates.
Important! Digestion of nuts in the stomach during sleep will negatively affect the quality of a night's rest. A person will not relax fully, which threatens with insomnia.
Energy value varies for different nuts from 550 to 700 kcal... It is not recommended to eat fruits with a calorie content of more than 650 kcal (macadamia, pecans, pine nuts and brazil nuts). If there is no choice, the daily rate is reduced by 2 times.
Calorie content and chemical composition of nuts
To understand the value and difference in calorie content of a product, let's compare several types... For comparison, we will indicate some minerals and vitamin C that are involved in losing weight.
Nutrient Calorie and Nutrient Chart per 100 grams:
|Types of nuts||Calorie content,
Iodine, potassium, magnesium and ascorbic acid play an important role in weight loss:
- Iodine normalizes the thyroid gland. Hypothyroidism is a disease of this organ, as a result of which metabolism is disturbed, excess calories are not burned, subcutaneous fat is deposited. The largest amount of iodine is found in cashews, pine nuts and pistachios.
- Potassium prevents bloating, improves metabolism. Lack of a macronutrient in the body during weight loss causes constipation, nausea, weakness, and a decrease in blood pressure. Pistachios contain the maximum amount of potassium.
- Vitamin C breaks down fats and aids in the absorption of iron, which is involved in many metabolic processes such as oxygenation of cells, destruction and elimination of toxins, and the conversion of calories into energy. All this is important when losing weight. Walnuts, peanuts, pistachios are rich in vitamin C.
- Magnesium participates in all metabolic processes - the more its content in the product, the faster the breakdown of fats and elimination of toxins occurs. Brazil nuts contain 376 mg of magnesium, so it is undesirable to completely exclude it from the diet, 1-2 fruits a day will not harm the body.
What nuts are allowed on a diet
The diet should not turn into a hunger strike. Its essence is the normalization of proper nutrition and restoration of impaired metabolism. Therefore, it is not recommended to exhaust the body with heavy diets and refuse healthy foods. Eating a small amount of fruits while losing weight satisfies the feeling of hunger and saturates with useful substances.
On a note! 3-4 walnut kernels (50 g) in terms of calorie content and nutritional value replace 100 g of white bread (265 kcal).
Consider the most healthy nuts with a diet that is eaten raw or added to various dishes:
- Almond refers to low-calorie fruits (609 kcal). High fat content (53%) helps to quickly satisfy hunger. The product lowers the level of cholesterol in the blood, improves the elasticity of blood vessels. Contains a large amount of vitamin E (up to 173% of the daily value), iron (29%).
- Walnut valued for vitamin C, which is involved in metabolic processes, the absorption of carbohydrates, the formation of proteins, carnitine. Despite the high calorie content (656 kcal) and fat content of more than 60%, it is allowed to be consumed in small quantities if you follow a diet.
- Hazelnut - low-calorie nut (628 kcal). Contains a lot of dietary fiber (44% of the DV), which improves food digestion. Rich in vitamin E (up to 117%) and omega-6 fatty acids (66.7%).
- Peanut allowed for weight loss due to its low calorie content (552 kcal) and the lowest fat content (45.2%). It is valued for its high content of vitamin C. Quickly satisfies the feeling of hunger, improves digestion.
- Cashew useful for people who are overweight, resulting from a malfunction of the thyroid gland. The composition of 100 g of nuts contains 11.1 μg of iodine and a low percentage of fat (up to 50%). The product is distinguished by an increased glycemic index - 22. For example: in Brazil nuts the indicator is 10, in pistachios - 18, in walnuts - 15.
- Pistachios are rich in potassium, which improves digestion, normalizes metabolism, prevents the formation of constipation due to weak intestinal motility and bloating. Low calorie content (560 kcal), high content of vitamin C and iodine make these nuts the most popular for weight loss.
Can you lose weight on nuts alone? This is not the best solution, as to lose excess weight and consolidate the result, it is important to make the diet balanced for proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Fruits alone will create nutritional deficiencies, while large amounts will lead to fatty deposits and health problems.
Features of use on proper nutrition
Compliance with simple rules allows you to eat fruits during a diet and not be afraid for your figure. Superfluous fats will not be deposited if you do not exceed the rate of 20-30 g per day. In this case, the amount of the product is divided into several receptions or the entire portion is eaten at a time.
Important! Consider the energy value of nuts when composing your diet. Even a simple snack adds 100 to 200 calories a day. In addition, pay attention to proteins, fats and carbohydrates - their amount should be balanced.
Recommendations for effective weight loss:
- Do not eat nuts in the first stage of the diet... They are included in the diet at the stage of stabilization, when the body needs support and strengthening.
- Do not eat nuts with additional flavoring (sweet powder, glaze, honey, salt or sugar). Such a product only enhances appetite, salt retains water in the body, excess fats are deposited.
- It's better alternate or add different fruits to vegetable or fruit diet salads. They will increase the nutritional value of the dish, saturate the body.
If there are no weights at home, do not exceed the permissible daily allowance of 30 g. How many different nuts can be used per day for weight loss:
- hazelnuts - 8-10 pcs .;
- walnut - 6 halves;
- cashews - 9-10 pcs.;
- almonds - 12 pcs.;
- pistachios - 40 pcs.;
- peanuts - 20 pcs.
When there are nuts on the right diet
For successful weight loss, take into account the time of food consumption... All high-calorie meals are better absorbed in the morning. A few nuts added to a salad, yogurt, or breakfast cereal will saturate until your next meal.
On a note! At lunchtime, the fruits are best left for a snack from 13:00 to 16:00. They quickly satisfy the feeling of hunger that has arisen.
In the evening, when the digestion of food slows down and the body prepares for bed, eating nuts in 2-3 hours (high-calorie - 4 hours) before bedtime is limited to 1-2 pcs. It will be better than eating chocolate or other sweets. Exceeding this norm and not observing the time will negatively affect the night's rest and provoke the deposition of fat.
Snack on nuts when losing weight
Most diets include snacks, which help a person wait for the main meal without stressing the body. Nuts are good for a second snack between breakfast and lunch.
Wherein high-calorie fruits are used for a raw snack only once a day... When adding to a dish, it is better to alternate several types of product. For example, if after breakfast they ate 5-10 pistachios, they are not consumed for lunch or dinner, but crushed walnut slices or peanuts are added to salad or porridge.
Benefits of snacking:
- fast saturation of the body with fatty acids;
- getting rid of hunger and feeling full;
- improving the functioning of the brain, relieving headaches and dizziness;
- normalization of the digestive tract thanks to fiber.
The use of the product will negatively affect your well-being if there is an individual intolerance or allergy.
Cons of introducing nuts during snacks:
- obese people have to strictly monitor the amount of fruits eaten: nutritionists recommend that the permissible rate be reduced by 2 times;
- the fruits contain oxalates, which, with excessive consumption of nuts, provoke the appearance of stones and sand in the kidneys;
- the product belongs to heavy food, so people with acute gastrointestinal diseases should not abuse it.
Different types of nuts have different calories and chemical composition. This is taken into account when following a diet for weight loss and the inclusion of a product in the diet. In small quantities during snacks, fruits can help cope with hunger. They quickly saturate the body with micro- and macroelements, vitamins, if you add them to the main food.